Monday, April 19, 2010

i'm having a bad self-esteem day. it sucks and i hate when i get like this because no matter how hard i fight, i feel like it's not good enough. so i was reading this website that said that you should list out the things that you are grateful for. so here goes:

- for family and friends that listen to the same woes over and over again
- for weakness that pushes you to be stronger
- peace that comes with silence
- tears that bring healing
- wisdom that comes with pain
- growth
- spiritual heritage of strength, courage and love
- unconditional love
- physical heritage that reminds me to be proud in the face of ridicule and self-doubt
- for family and friends that remind me that no matter how i FEEL, my image is that of a beautiful woman that goes after what she wants and keeps her eyes on the prize

there are so many things that i'm grateful for besides just things that pertain to me. i love and/or appreciate everyone around me for the parts that they play in my life. i try to keep myself ahead of the game and strive to be beautiful on the inside. because although i long for it, i know that physical beauty is fleeting.